Re: Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

My .02 cents on wireless units for XLR low-Z mics.

I have had the AKG Snap On unit in use on my vocal
mic for three years.

About a year ago, I had dropped my mic one too
many times (with the Snap On unit connected).

I sent it in and AKG?s service dept., (then in
TN), sent me a brand new unit (just the
transmitter),

For only $90.  I was happy to get it back in
service.

About 3 weeks ago I dropped it one to many times
again.  I sent it to the service dept, (now in
CA).

They?ve had it since and said they don?t know if
they are going to be able to make it serviceable
again,

The reason being?The Snap On unit is no longer in
production, and even parts are unavailable.

 Bear in mind, I loved that system?And yes, I
dropped it and it broke, but I dropped it a LOT.

I would buy another AKG system with the Snap On
unit, in a flash.  But I can?t find one for sale!

In the meantime, I?ve since purchased the Samson
unit.  It is quite similar, and works well for a

lowZ mic with an XLR connecter.  It even comes
with a free, (and pretty hot), Q7 dynamic mic.

It?s called the Airline 77 with the AX1.  While
the case on both the AKG receiver, and the Samson

receiver are both plastic, the case on the Samson
AX1 transmitter is almost all metal.

Message: 4