Re: Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

Little Timmy M. writes:
"I understand that the snap-on has not been discontinued, it's  simply
been "re-branded". If you visit this AKG page for the WMS-40  *Pro*,
you'll see that transmitter option 5 is the snap-on:
_http://www.akg-_ (http://www.akg-/)
acoustics.com/products/powerslave,id,925,nodeid,5,_language,ENUS,pid,
925,mynodeid,186.html

What  would be really nice would be to have a snap-on and a guitar
bug that  transmit on the same frequency, so you could have a single
receiver that  would work with both the loZ and hiZ inputs.

-tim"

Hey list,
I also have the AKG unit & like it fine. I have both the guitar bug  (for my
bullet mics) & the XLR (for my RE-10). I asked AKG about using both
transmitters (on the same frequency) with the same reciever. Apparently  this is no
problem unless you have both transmitters on at the same time. The  catch is,
buying a seperate transmitter tuned to a specific freq is not much  cheaper than
buying two seperate rigs, which is what I wound up doing. As  mentioned, the
advantage of the AKG is the input sensitivity, which can be set  up for
different mic outputs.

Later,
Rosco
_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)