[Harp-L] re: new band

When I play blues I play through out the song but in rock/pop, I play a solo for a verse and chorus and stay out of the way for the rest of the song. I find the 2nd position pentatonic scale useful.It's a little weird standing up on stage and not playing, but you get used to it.

If you haven't played in a band before: people skills go a long way--polite deferential, show up on time, stay relatively sober, etc.. Smile a lot, listen carefully--it's different being in a band then playing solo--and a lot more fun.

Rainbow Jimmy http://www.spaceanimals.com http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm