Re: [Harp-L] Finding the Position - "Summertime"

George Brooks wrote:
> I agree with Tim Moyer that it's good to try a tune in a
> number of positions to see where it lays out best and to
> expand one's musical reach.
<snip>
> I disagree with Tim, though, when he states:  "There are
> only 2 Bs on a C harp...."  I guess you could customize a
> harp to have only two by blocking hole 10 with putty, but
> one of the glories of the short harp is its three octave
> range.  Ten hole C harmonicas in standard Marine Band
> tuning have Bs at 3 draw, 7 draw, and the intermediate
> (half-step) blow bend in hole 10.

I've always thought that George's harmonicas somehow had more notes
on them than mine do, and this is one of them.  I've played
alongside George Brooks, and I, sir, am no George Brooks.

I'm afraid the 10 hole blow half step bend is not a viable note for
me.  It's one of those things on my "further study" list, right
behind trying to figure out how the hell George solos comfortably in
sixth position...

-tim