[Harp-L] Harmonica - a dental hazard?

Hi -
  I`ve been undergoing some dental treatments recently, and it turns out one of my harmonica students is a dentist by proffesion. He told me that it`s possible that a harmonica player runs a higher risk of gum inflammation, due to constant airflow over the gums (as opposed to normal breathing through your nose)
  Anybody ever hear of something like this before?
  Hammer