[Harp-L] covers

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:26:07 -0000
From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  [Harp-L] New Band
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

mark wilson wrote:
> I've been invited by a local guitar player to join his band.
> Here's  a list of the stuff they're into:
> Tom Petty, Who, Stones, Beatles, Beach Boys, Bryan Adams, Kinks,
> Rascals, Neil Young, Lovin Spoonful, John Melloncamp, Jackson
> Brown, Gin Blossoms, Elvis Costello, etc....

I'd take the plunge just to get a chance to cover "Daydream".  What
a great harp part!  Do you get to whistle the solo, too?

Hey, funny you should mention that - I did a session a few months ago for a TV commercial for a cellphone company - they called me and said they needed a harp player. Turned out they were doing a version of "daydream". When I finished doing the harp part, he suddenly says "can you whistle, too? we`ve all tried and have`nt managed to get it right. If you can play harp you can probably whistle well too". Sure enough, I did the whistle, too.

  Hammer