Re: [Harp-L] The Best shows I Ever Saw (Long little harp content) & plug

Hey hey Hey,

     Overall best show I have ever seen had to be "Eric Burden and War" at
the Spectrum in Philly,  1970. They were the opening act for "Rod Stewart and
Faces"  and then the  headliners were "Grand Funk Railroad".

   Eric Burden and War literally almost tore the place down. His soulful
singing actually got the audiance to storm the stage. People were going nuts with
enthusiam for the music. This was during a period when people usually sat and
listen to the concert. I mean before the raising of hands and the lighting of
lighters etc. No one would dare to even scream out during a show, except for a
jerky dude now and seldom then. But Eric and War brought the crowd to a
frenzied state. The Spectrums' management turned off all the power to the stage in
order to bring back a sense of order. Eric Burden got pissed off. The crowd
almost rioted. They escorted Eric off stage. He was Red Hot that night. Never
seen such a moving performance before or since that night. Incredible vocals.

     By the time Rod Stewart and the Faces got to the stage, there was enough
room between him and the audiance to barely squeeze in a guitar. To Stewarts'
credit he managed to calm everyone down and did a brilliant set with the
Faces. But the night belonged to Mr. Eric Burden.

     Shameless plug: Bluestone a band I am in, is  at Jack's Rib and Ale
Place, in Neptune NJ. Right on Rt 35. Saturday the 21st 9 pm - 1:30 am.

                                  Boogie on,

                                             Christos Mastakas