Re: [Harp-L] New Band

The band I learned the most from playing in was a group called the Counterfeiters. All covers, lots of odd rock and roll and country, absolutely no straight ahead blues stuff. I ended up playing horn parts. It was a struggle and I was playing over my head on an almost nightly basis. Huddling in the parking lot between sets to learn the Rolling Stone's song, Love is Strong. This was a pick up band so the players were seldom the same from week to week. We never rehearsed. It was all on the fly. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat but I enjoy that no safety net style of playing. fjm