[Harp-L] New Band

I've been invited by a local guitar player to join his band. Here's a list of the stuff they're into,

Tom Petty, Who, Stones, Beatles, Beach Boys, Bryan Adams, Kinks, Rascals, Neil Young, Lovin Spoonful, John Melloncamp
Jackson Brown, Gin Blossoms, Elvis Costello, etc....

I like a lot of this music, but frankly, when it comes to playing harmonica, I prefer playing the blues. This summer I had an informal jam session with another guitar player who played mostly 60's and 70's folksy type rock material. We had a decent time, but I didn't feel I played well and I never really got into the music, so we never hooked up again, although he wanted to. I'm afraid of getting myself into the same situation here. My gut tells me, this type of music doesn't really lend itself to much harmonica, as most of the original material has very little harmonica in it, so I think I'm probably going to pass.

Anyone out there on the list have experience playing with this type of band? Looking for some advice and feedback before I call him back tomorrow.

Mark