[Harp-L] re: best show

There was this great Tom Rush free concert in Boston and I don't even remember anything after the Smoking Jay Blues Band, there was the folk festival benefit to rebuild after the Chelsea Fire when Mike Turk (wildman) played Rock Island Line, there was Sonny and Brownie at Passims, the free Bicentenniel Bash in 1976 at some big stadium near Boston--no idea where, no idea who played. It was loud and yellow. there was Bob Marley railing against the university of brain washed education at Harvard with Olatunji sitting in with him and Patti Labell playing clean up hitter, There was Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels when I was 13 at the Fenway theater playing with Brownsville Station Teagarden and Van Winkle and the MC 5. I couldn't stay up late enough to see the MC 5 more's the pity.There was the crazy time Jonathan Richman of the Modern Lovers fame came over to the farm playing his classical guitar with hearts drawn all over it with magic markers, there was that Dead concert in 1976. Eric Clapton playing to an empty auditorium in Portland in 78 with Muddy opening for a bored and lethargic crowd that would periodically yell "Blues Brothers!" Oh yeah and seeing the Mahavishnu Orchestra when I was 15 and had no idea what jazz was. And the all night jazz concert at a church in Central Square. Muddy in Phoenix, Butterfield and Danko opening for Johnny Lee and finally seeing Mark Hummel, Billy Branch, and Phil Wiggins jamming with the BLues Prophets at a pool hall in Rockland.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm