[Harp-L] Fingers fun story and Stevie

Thanks for the walks down memory and influence lanes with the Fingers
article and the info. on Stevie's Influences.  I've been blessed to meet
both (stevie I met thru my association with LD Miller).  Some of you
know me on this list as a non-harmonica player....here thru my
association with LD Miller  and his family (his band's manager and agent
for colleges/performing arts venues for the past 5 years since he was
about 8).

I shouldn't tell this story here, but what the hell, I'm feeling cheeky
and it was over 30 years ago....

I first met Jimmy Buffett and Greg "Fingers" Taylor when I was 12.  My
best friend's sister's boyfriend used to bring in up and coming artists
to a little theatre in Louisville, KY.   Artists like Steve Goodman,
John Prine, and this unknown guy Jimmy Buffet would play for about
200-300 people in this intimate little theatre.    The first time I met
Jimmy he was playing for 200 people back in 1974 and I was sitting
backstage behind the speaker stacks, belting out "Why Don't We Get Drunk
and..." with my best friend (even though we were years from actually
engaging in the behavior of the song).   I had this article with me from
the local Village Voice that was headlined "Whoever this Buffett is,
he's Good".  At some point hanging out in the limo later that night,
Jimmy crossed out "Good" and wrote in "Drunk" and signed it.  I'm sure
if I dug that up in a scrapbook, it would be worth a mint on ebay.  This
was pre-Margarittaville and about the time of "A-1A" album...his
3rd...before the first Parrothead.

Anyway, let me just say in Finger's defense, that I did not look
anything like 12 when I was 12 and I feel certain that I didn't share
that info. ....And he was 22 and probably drunk, but I spent a bit of
time making out with him in the back of the limo.  I believe it was my
second 'serious' kiss and I'll just say...a very memorable evening.
Maybe that is why I am such a big fan of harmonica players today. :)
...though most certainly not in the same way.   So it was great reliving
that time...and hearing Greg mention that he was just starting to see
the hook up value in being in a band.  It's been amazing to me from
meeting them the first time 32 years ago what a phenomenon has
developed.  It made me smile to hear it from their perspective.   Greg,
if you are out there lurking on the list perchance, sorry for the
tattling and thanks for the fond memories.
 Nancy O