[Harp-L] RE: Zoom H4 first impressions

Hello all,

I sent this earlier from another account, but it doesn't seem to have come
through.  Apologies if you get it twice.

RH wrote:
I bought a Zoom H4 "Handy recorder" Saturday, and have spent a few hours
working
with it since. My first impressions follow.

Thanks for the review, Richard. It looks very cool, and seems to be getting good reviews in general. I'm very interested in the H4 for myself too...

I've found a few more reviews on the web - it might save y'all some time
digging:

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=73021&page=9

http://www.2090.org/zoom/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=6906&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=17

The second review has sound samples that the user has recorded with his
guitar in order to test out the Zoom effects.  Nice one.

John wrote:
Does the H4 have any type of input level adjustment?

Richard can probably tell you more on this, but there does seem to be an "auto-gain" feature where you can sample the live band and it will set the gain to the loudest level appropriately. I think the first review above mentions this.

Eugene
http://www.eugeneryan.com