[Harp-L] Re: Carribean Harmonica

I too can't get enough of the infectious sound of Ska. I also love
Skinhead Reggae and Two Tone. Have done since the 80's. Have built a
nice collection of old school and new stuffs over the years.

A couple of modern harmonica players in ska bands worthy of mention
would include Alan Sayagg from Bad Manners. Alan had an enormous
record collection and it featured many important sounds that would one
day influence his harmonica playing as well as the band's overall
sound. It included the work of American blues master Sonny Boy
Williamson II, The J Geils Band and many kiddie discs top of which was
Scruffy, the Huffy Chuffy Tugboat, a happy little song that eventually
made it onto the final track of the band's first album Ska'N'B in
1980. When Buster toured New Zealand a few years back he informed me
that Alan no longer plays in the band or skanks all night but instead
enjoys a pint or two down at the local pub. Dave Turner has replaced
him.

Another worth mentioning is the guy in Eastern Standard Time who
unfortunately I think is no longer with the band. If you can get the
song "Housewive's Choice" to play at this link you might hear a sample
of his playing: http://www.easternstandardtime.com/music.html

Skavoovie!

Nate