[Harp-L] Mixers

I was looking through my latest sale circular from Musician's Friend
and noticed that they have the Behringer Eurorack UB802 Mixer on
sale for $39.99!  A couple of years ago I bought the UB1202, which
is essentially the same mixer with 12 inputs instead of 8.  I added
my instruments and musical components to it on the front end of my
computer at home, so I can mix and record without a lot of set-up
and tear-down.  I keep harp amp out, guitar (FX to the board),
keyboard, microphone, as well as lines in from the computer, CD
player, and cassette.

I can mix myself into just about any music source I want, which is
great for practice and solo rehearsal, and for doing knock-off
recordings on the computer using Audacity (or a better package, if I
choose to upgrade).  The UB802 has two balanced (XLR) inputs, a
couple of stereo channels, built-in 3 band EQ, and a stereo aux
send/return so you can patch in an external effects unit (I use an
Alesis Wedge).  Great entry level into home recording.

-tim