Re: [Harp-L] Influences...

Hey all,

   My very first influences had to be just hearing what the harp can do
before I played. Magic Dick  certainly did wonders for the harp in that department.

  After I picked up a harmonica my major influences hard to be Sonnyboy l and
ll and Little and Big Walter. No surprises here. Sonnyboy l and Big Walter
really caught my attention. I consider Sonnyboy l  the father of modern
harmonica.

    Later influences have been Butterfield, who did for harp players what
Hendrix did for guitar players. That is brought it  to a different level. Butter
on a hot night says it all for me.  Today Paul De Lay has affected my style,
and my entire approach to harp has been influence by Rob Papparozzi. A players'
 player.

  But if I had to name one main influence that got me started it would be
Sonnyboy l. I can still remember the first tune I heard on the radio by him. His
warm voice with his vocal phrasings lite me up right off, and then I heard his
harp! It was love at first sound.

                                             Happy Harping,

                                                       Christos