RE: [Harp-L] Unlikely inspiration

Mike Fugazzi asked:
"Who are some of the not so noticeable influences in
your harp playing?  Any influences that would seem odd?"

Women -
For love songs, "done me wrong" songs, sexually suggestive songs and any
song where raw emotion in my playing is needed. I close my eyes and
picture whatever scenario is appropriate for the song, and let the notes
flow as a sort of narrative to the "film I am watching in my head".

Clint Eastwood -
Being inspired by Clint Eastwood means not playing until it's
appropriate. Playing only what is needed. No fluff. No filler. Carefully
chosen "words" to fit the situation. Always the right "phrase" at the
right time. Simple, direct and to the point, but elusive at the same
time. And, of course, where there is Clint Eastwood, there are women!

John Balding