Subject: [Harp-L] Rhythm Willie

James writes:

"Folks: Does anyone have any information about an obscure harp player  in
Chicago called "Rhythm Willie"? I know his real name was "Willie Hood"  and I
have a copulation on the German "Wolfe" Label with 5 tunes by Rhythm  Willie and
His Gang. I swear he was doing John Poppa before John Poppa and  he attempts
overblowing 40+ years before Howard Levy. He does not have the  name
recognition as Sonny Boy I or II or Little Walter but he had  undeniable talent"

.....I don't have the information you seek, but I sure hope you meant
"compilation" since the other would be a separate issue  altogether   :)

(<VBG>)

Elizabeth