Re: [Harp-L] Replacement (looser) spring for Hohner 270?

Two possibilities:

1) Remove the spring and re-bend it to give less tension.

2) get a different spring from Hohner USA. Explain that you ahve a
really resisitant spring and ask if they have one that won't have so
much push-back. You canget their phone number from the website; askl
for the harmonica repair department.

For the first option, you need to remove the covers and the
moutpiece/slide assembly. There is a steel post embedded in the comb
that slips out, about halfway back on the right end of the comb. There
are holes in both reedlpates that allow access to it. The spring is
wrapped around this post. Use a small screwdriver or something similar
to push the post out, then take out the spring (this is also the
procedure for changing the spring). Try bending it farther inwards, but
angle the end out so that it can still insert into the pinhole in the
slider.

This will take some experimenting to get right. Blackie Schackner's and
Douglas Tate's books go into doing this in more detail. You might also
ask on SlideMeister, which is limited to chromatic discussion.

Winslow