[Harp-L] Replacement (looser) spring for Hohner 270?

Hi,

I've recently purchased an Eb Hohner 270. So far, I like it pretty well, but man, that spring is stiff, i.e. requires a lot of pressure to push in. I was playing a tune in E last night which requires the button in for almost the whole song and that was a struggle.

I looked in the archives and found a reference to removing the spring entirely and replacing with a ring (on a CX-12), but that doesn't sound promising to me. I also found a reference somewhere that F&R Farrell had a fix for this problem, but they are no longer in business.

Also found reference to an "external spring" at http://www.harmonicarepair.com/fathead_main.asp but not sure what that's about.

Other Ideas?

Thanks,
Jim