RE: [Harp-L] Gig Notices

Danny,

Your list posting is an extremely valuable resource for me. I travel all
the time for work and I can't say how many pleasurable evenings I have
'found' due to having your list handy. Thank you for all of your work on
this. I would say that it might be easier to just maintain a website
with this info, but I'd vote to continue having it here on harp-l.

I think the recent proliferation of gig listings is maybe due to the
spring/summer season starting out and lots more bands becoming active,
especially with outdoor events now possible in the north since it's
warmer. Maybe also due to some bands seeing others post to the list this
way and feeling they need to also to compete for audiences or just to
promote the same way. I personally would rather everyone give you their
info and have one resource, but realize it's not possible. I posted
yesterday out of frustration with 'promo posts' that usually don't have
enough info to find them (location, time, etc) and apologize to the list
for that. I did express that I'd really dislike it if all of the harp
players here posted their gigs all the time like that though, it would
really cause a lot of excess traffic that isn't relevant to any but a
few, and I still believe that's true so thank goodness it doesn't happen
and I hope it doesn't due to competition, etc. But it's a necessary
thing I guess and the folks that can make these gigs get value out of
these posts, so I recant that opinion!

But, I digress, please continue Danny! Your list is everything it should
be - concise, easy to read, accurate.

Bill Hines