[Harp-L] Mr. G and the Mystery Band - Chicago Area Gigs in June

Dear Harp-L:

Please forgive me for a little self-promotion. I
wanted to inform you all about the Mystery Band gigs
in June. It is going to be a fun month!

Friday, June 2: Special appearance by Mr. G at
Harmonica Night at the Harlem Avenue Lounge in Berwyn
(3701 South Harlem Avenue, Berwyn, IL  --
708-484-3610)   NO COVER!!!

Friday June 9: Mr. G & the Mystery Band at Duke's Bar
in the Rogers Park neighborhood (6920 North Glenwood
Chicago IL, 773-764-2826, 1/2 block south of the Morse
Avenue Red Line L Stop). The Mystery Band will be
acoustic for this gig, with Mike Finnerty on Tenor
Sax, Andy Meacham on guitar Adam Kraus on bass fiddle
and Mike Linn on drums). The Mystery Band will be part
of Duke's Chicago Blues Fest weekend - on Saturday,
our friends Tom Holland and Harmonica Hinds will play,
and on Sunday, Ruby Harris, king of the blues violin,
will close out the fest. NO COVER!!!!!

Friday June 16: The Mystery Band returns to
C.J.Arthur's in Wilmette - 1168 Wilmette Ave.,
Wilmette, IL (847) 256 8870. This version of the
Mystery Band will feature Tony Palmer on guitar and
E.G. McDaniel on bass (Tony and E.G. are currently
working with Jimmie Burns, among others). The
legendary drummer Twist Turner will anchor the rhythm
section. NO COVER!!!!!

Friday June 30: The Mystery Band returns to Bill's
Blues Bar (1029 Davis, Evanston, IL.(847)424-9800).
Shoji Naito from the Eddy Clearwater Blues Band will
join Tony Palmer, E.G. McDaniel and Twist Turner to
round out this version of the Mystery Band.

Mr. G will blow some harp and sing a little on all of
these evenings.

Fun is guaranteed. If you grab me during a break and
say "I read about this great gig on Harp-L," I will
buy you a beer!

Yer Pal,

Mr. G