RE: [Harp-L] danecho settings

Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 20:19:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: "steve" <mudharp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] danecho settings
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

> Hey G,
> I've even heard that a DanEcho that Ron 5 Megged ( the Boss 2) had
> sucked some tone.  Hard to say until one actually puts it on the bench and
> listens.  I did play Ed Gallegher's Kinder 5Meg Boss and it did add a bite-
> like quality to the Blues Jr he had.  But there's plenty of amps much
> better than the Jr.  Hmmmm. I've hooked up a HiZ tranny after it once
> and the tone did change playing a dynamic, but there's more R&amp;D for
> that one yet.I'll look at the ToneLok next.
> thanks steve

Hey Steve,
  A correction to what I said, the Ibanez pedal I referred to is the
TONE-LOK DE7
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/effects/page/de7.html
  I only suggest it as equivelent to the Dan Echo without the tone issues,
but nothing special in itself.
  With my Dan Echo with the mod, I can't hear a difference whether its in
the chain or not (remembering it doesn't have true bypass), and happy
enough with it.  If I used it more than I do now, I'd probably start
hunting around to find something better.
-- G.