[Harp-L] re: Fine Tuning

Bertram Becher wrote:

"just take a look at this page: http://ohw.se/hca/tntheory.php
Here all the questions are answered in a very comprehensive and
accurate manner.
Greetings"

To which Jonathan Ross responds:

"I'll agree with comprehensive, but accurate is another matter.  It
may be just me, but my fine-toothed comb always comes up when there's
a quite factual error to start things off."

Mr Ross then points out some misunderstandings of the terminology in the article referred to by Mr Becher, which I'm the author of.

By an unfortunate coincidence my complete Web site (http://ohw.se) was closed down yesterday. The Web hotel had decided to move most of their clients to a new server. The site is now up and running again and I welcome all suggestions for improvements of my article (off-list).

The aim of my article is to summarize some of the underlying theory for different tuning schemes for harmonicas. There are plenty of references to original articles, not the least to Pat Missin's at his superb Web site (http://www.patmissin.com/).

The term "7-tone just major scale" is not a "figment of my imagination", but borrowed from a book by Berg & Stork (as clearly stated in my article). I needed a specific name for that particular scale to which I could refer to later in the article. I understand from Mr Ross' comments that it's not a good name and will change it accordingly. Of course, I'll do my best to correct other mistakes pointed out by Mr Ross.

Orjan