[Harp-L] Forgotten options for chromaticity

Since so many are clamouring for ways to make the 10
hole into a twelve tone instrument I'd like an to get
an update on two options that I've heard little about.

The first is Winslow's discrete comb. When I started
trying all the options to gain chromaticity this one
was high on the list. Somehow I'd forgotten about it
but intend to order one soon. Are they still
available? It offers all the flexibility of the Suzuki
Overdrive, a harp I love but ultimately found unwieldy
to become fluid enough on. I'd like to think the
Discrete Comb will be more easy to adapt to than the
Overdrive.

Pictures look like the comb has a lip so that plates
aren't exposed. Great if true. Can someone confirm?
Also, why was the MS series dimensions used as opposed
to the handmades?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Winslow has
chosen the XB-40 as his main instrument over his own
invention. Any particular reasons? I can appreciate
the XB on its own terms but its tone and size are not
what I'm really after.

The second harp is Brendan Power's all bender. The
lack of discussion on this one has me befuddled. A
standard size harp with standard interface that allows
all blow and draw blues type bends. No overblow
technique to develop, no pesky valves. Sounds like
what most everyone would want. Why aren't these in
production? Why aren't we jumping all over them?

My understanding is that the design employs a
responder reed in a fashion similar to the XB but only
to acheive the missing notes. Since he's not adding a
full twenty responder reeds like the XB however the
overall size doesn't have to increase. That's about as
close as I can figure as Brendan's own web site
doesn't even give a description. If you're one of the
few to have tried these harps please give us your
impressions along with more details about the design
concept.