RE: [Harp-L] re: harmonica clubs

My advice: check out the Meetup-facilities.

I started the Amsterdam Harmonica Meetup Group about 18 months ago. Now
we're almost at 100 members, with regular events, etc. Last Saturday we
organized the Harmonica Gala Of The Year, about 120 people showed up to see
concerts of Hermine Deurloo (chromatic), Ben Bouman (diatonic) and about 12
other players, backed up by a local bluesband, we had great fun all night
long.

The site's in Dutch but you can check out http://harmonica.meetup.com/21/.
We use the Meetup software for about 9 dollars a month, and it has some
easy-to-use facilities to manage memberships, events, message boards, etc.

There used to be a lot of these groups in the USA (but the 9-dollar a month
killed off some of these groups), and I know that there are a lot of people
interested in joining any Meetup-groups you start. You can see who these
people are and where they live on the Meetup-site.

Feel free to contact me if you need more advice/experience with running such
a group.

Jervis Groeneveld
www.harmonicainstituut.nl
www.business-harmonics.nl