[Harp-L] Pro Junior extra pitch problem

Joe Spiers wrote:

I'd go with a complete cap job before adding extra filtering if it were mine,
the Illinois caps (not made in Illinois BTW) are known for that problem, and I
think that's what is probably in it. Good quality caps sure aren't going to hurt
anything.

This sounds like good advice. The caps in my Harvard were new. I bought the amp used and then sent it to Clark Amps for new caps, some NOS RCA 6V6s, a three prong cord, and a few other things. The amp has a wonderful (to me) tone, but it would produce ghost notes which I could attenuate, but not eliminate, through technique. I'm really glad that Bill Carruth solved the problem. It's likely that Bill would have replaced the caps first if Michael Clark hadn't beaten him to it.

Michael, let us know what it is when you get to the bottom of it.

George