Re: [Harp-L] Leslie effect

Hughes and Kettner Tube Rotosphere works great for a leslie sound.  It is only a pedal instead of an amp.  Rob Lowe from Ten Feet Tall (www.tenfeettallband.com) uses one.  It sounds a lot like John Popper's leslie sound (he uses a solid state rotary amp).  Warren Haynes evidently uses this same pedal too.

  The Rotosphere is spendy, but is sound good and is easy to use.

  Mike
  www.niterail.com
  www.myspace.com/niterailband

mfugazzi67 <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "46long Blake" <46long@...>
wrote:

There was a harper in a college jam band here about 8 years ago that
played
through a Leslie (Goff, I think) cabinet. Seemed like an awful lot
of work
for what it was worth musically....took up half of the stage in a
small
club....

Speaking of effects, I've been thinking about dusting off my Danecho
that I
basically put away when I began to play mostly acoustically. . I
remember
people saying that you lose a lot tonally through it. Any ideas /
advice?

- Blake

On 3/28/06, Richard Hunter wrote:

> Every once in a while someone writes in to the list asking about a
> Leslie rotating speaker effect. I've occasionally commented that
the
> Digitech RP series pedals have a decent version onbaord.
>
> I saw yesterday that Line 6, maker of the POD amp modeler, has a
rotary
> effect pedal out now (the Rotomachine). Harmonycentral.com
reviews can
> be found here:
>
> http://www.harmony-
central.com/Effects/Data/Line_6/ToneCore_Rotomachine-1.html

--
Blake Taylor
http://46long.com