Re: [Harp-L] www.hohner.eu

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fernando Bresslau" <ferbress@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <harpon@xxxxxxxxxx>; <slidemeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:29 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] www.hohner.eu

Hi all! Greeting from the Frankfurt Music Fair.

Please check the following out:

www.hohner.eu

I visited that web site. I am particularly interested in the 270 "Deluxe". I was disappointed to see that it has a wooden comb. Do the screws go through to the opposite reedplate or cover? Does Hohner still hand-sand the front surface of the comb and plates after assembly, making the dimensions of every comb unique? If so, this makes it awkward to install new reedplates.

Is the slide assembly different from the previous 270 design. If so, how?

Farrell's plastic comb design demonstrated the advantages of screwing the covers and plates to the comb and not to the opposite cover or plate.

Vern