[Harp-L] Paparozzi-Levy-Meurkens Workshop

Hello Harp-L

I attended the Workshop at Rob Paparozzi's home on Sunday and, I must say, I
was very impressed. What really got to me was the camaraderie and the
generosity of the attendees. I've been involved in the professional music
business since I signed with Columbia Records in 1970 as a drummer (insert
drummer joke of choice here) in a band called "Simpson". I have never seen
anything like this bunch. I actually went and sat in a corner just so I
could enjoy watching the hubbub. I got to speak with Robert Bonfiglio about
power playing and breathing, Howard Levy explained to me why my GM and my MB
didn't sound good together in the same song on the recording session I did
the day before. (I'll be back with a tempered tuned harp this week) Hendrick
Meurkens said he had nothing special to show us, but then he played, and
that was special enough for me. I only wish that there had been more time so
that Mr. Paparozzi could have spoken about diatonic techniques on the
chromatic.

All in all, it was worth WAY more than the price, and if they ever do
another one, I recommend it highly to anyone who plays harmonica.

Peace

Steve Merola