[Harp-L] Disease transmission risks

Form the little looking around I have done, it would suggest the risks are
relatively low, but do exist.
How long can Hepatitus last outside the body, like in a harp?
Hepatitus C - 4 days max   Transmission - Blood
Hepatitus B - 7 days +       Transmission - Blood
Hepatitus A - Months         Transmission - Fecal Oral
Go here for more info.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/
Then wander around the site. But take care, you may end up buying biohazard
gear.

I wish I could find the exact quote, but I read something on this subject to
the effect of "I am a forty-five year old man. If I never put my lips to
something another man has, I will remain single."

That said, cleaning cannot hurt. You do not know if the guy selling the harp
properly washed his hands.