Re: [Harp-L] Rod Piazza's current diatonic harp choice(was MS)

I have a couple of the Hering Vintage 1928's and thought I'd mention a problem with them now that you've bought some for yourself.
The nuts used to hold the screws on the covers come unscrewed easily and fall off. It's a pain in the rump to lose them. I suggest buying a small bottle of liquid Locktite from a hardware store. If you're not familiar with it, Locktite is a brand name for an adhesive that works on metal. It comes in permananent and temporary grades. Use the TEMPORARY grade for obvious reasons. The temporary stuff makes a tight bond that can be broken (with a quick turn of a screwdriver)  if you want to remove the covers later, for whatever reason. Just a little drop where the coverplate meets the nut will do.
This is stuff is a godsend for those teeny little microphone screws on bullet mics. etc..  as well. I also have all my mics outfit with Switchcraft adapters to take guitar cord plugs and I put a drop in the threads to keep the adapters from gradually unscrewing off the mic. Neat stuff.

-------------- Original message from "dzeller@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dzeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------