Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Irish Chrom

Hello Alex,
maybe you know Franz Chmel? He is a great austrian classic chromatic player. He tested chromatics of severral brands including the seydel chrom deluxe, and published the result on his homepage.
http://www.chmel.at/sites/harmonica_tests.html

I have some Irish Seydel Chroms myself and like them very much. The distamce from one hole to the next is a little bit different compared with Hohner and Hering, but I have no problem with switching from one brand to the other. The sound is a little brighter, perfekt for irish tunes ( my very personal opinion ).
Seydel also offers a very good customers service, send them the layout you want and they make it if it is possible. They also offer single reeds and a tool kit for changing these.
The Slidemeister group has some comments concerning the Seydel chroms.
Regards,
Dirk