Re: [Harp-L] Hohner MS harps

Hi ,
Pat Ramsey plays MS Blues Harps and Rod Pizza plays MS Big Rivers. Pat says he can change reed plates between sets, if needed. Rod says he likes them because they don't cost a furtune.---
Dennis

From:  <jruss433@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  "Rick & Dana Siekmann" <dsiekmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: [Harp-L] Hohner MS harps
Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:47:42 -0600
Rick and Dana -

If you're referring to the Meisterklasse, I have a few that I use professionally. I initially bought them because they were reminscent of the Suzuki Pro-Master I owned until it quickly started dropping valves. They were a bit stiffer in all three keys and that required some anticipation, but I found they played slightly louder and were easier to keep clean, given the metal comb). I also like their shape and the way they fit my hands. I use them primarily for jazz, although, in a pinch, I've used them for blues as well.

Since I have owned them (A, C and D), I have replaced the plates with RP 565's. That, of course, changed things.

Mark Russillo
a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick & Dana Siekmann" <dsiekmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>