[Harp-L] Dermody CD Soooo Fine

I got to slouch on the couch and listen to the new CD undistracted -- Deceiving Blues from Orville Johnson, John Miller, and Grant Dermody.  (For those who don't know, Grant Dermody has been an instructor at Augusta -- among other things!)  It really is a terrific CD.  Highly recommended.  Very enjoyable.  Grant's playing is sooo fine.  Mostly guitar (miller), mando (johnson), and harp (dermody) -- johnson switches to dobro on a couple of tracks.  They all take turns singing.  The sound is very rich (but most acoustic blues I listen to was recorded on equipment from the 20's and 30's!!).  Grant plays mostly 2nd position diatonic -- but he's sooooooo far from repetitive and uninteresting!  (There is also a little chrom and a Jimmy Reed-ish thing.)  The CD is very egalitarian -- Grant is not lost in the mix.  His playing is a major lesson in tone and taste.  The CD is more on the mellow than rowdy side.  Most (all?) of the songs are old, but the arrangements are their own. Not sure
 what else to say -- get it (CD Baby).

  I particularly liked when dermody and miller played unison on the pipes part of Bull Doze Blues (that's also the flute part from Canned Heat's Goin' Up The Country).
  --John K.