Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Buckeye Harmonica Festival/'Business cards' as badges"

Gail writes in answer to Jack's suggestion to Harp-L'ers to identify
ourselves to each other at Buckeye:

"Those of you who will be attending Buckeye wear a badge or something  to
identify yourselves. Then we can meet each other easily.

I was  thinking of making some 'business cards' for myself to give to people
I  meet.

I would print:

My name

My home state

My instrument of choice

My personal goals

My learning  needs

My best song

My occupation or former occupation in my  case.

This card could be worn as a badge as suggested by Jack Ely in  today's
posting.  I am always interested in other people's musical  progress (and
wonder why my own is so slow in coming ;-().

Hope to  see many of you at BHF in April
Gail"

......  I've liked your idea of a business card as a personal way  to further
your harmonica education, Gail...but remember that you will have a  Big
laminated Convention ID tag around your neck for Buckeye....most people will  focus
on that, rather than something that will be a lot smaller as a "badge",
especially since I have no time between now and then to come up with  something
similar! <G>   I was thinking that perhaps any Harp-L'ers  who are planning to
attend could loosely pre-arrange to meet the way we all did  at SPAH
2005.....in the Bar/Lounge at a specific time on a specific night?   I believe Michael
Polesky was the man in charge, then.  It was a fun way to  put the faces to the
names from Harp-L.  Since it spilled over into the  Lounge area, those who
don't drink were just as comfortable.

......OR.....is there any way or anyone clever enough to design and  produce
in short order an official "Harp-L" badge/ID ...something that would be
visible across a room? Say a Deep Blue:

 HARP
     L     on a white  button

(or laminate card/folders to add to the other worn around our necks)?

Elizabeth

For the record, Gail...you'd better not hide that chromatic...you and I  are
going to play together (husband can be included, or not <G>)   someway,
sometime, somehow...at the end of a corridor, tucked away in a back  corner...I
don't care! ...but we WILL play together  :)
I am SO looking forward to meeting you after all this time.