Re: [Harp-L] 10" Celestion Greenback????

I hunted down Celestion 70's in 10" on eBay. I think I paid about $25 a speaker, no it was even less than that. Great sounding 10's. More of that middle bark and not as nails on a chalkboard sounding as the Eminence AlNiCo's in the original Bassman reissues. Granted they calm down after a couple of years. The Kendrick 10's are also very good sounding, warm and cleaner than AlNiCo's but they are expensive. I've never bought 10's from Weber but I have a Weber 8" that is a dead on knock off of the Oxford 8EV that came in my White amplifier. Really good sounding speaker for harmonica. I can't tell the difference between the Weber, a Gregg Hopkins reconed original and a completely original Oxford. fjm