Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Harmonicas in carry-on luggage

I always carry on my harps. I take them to a lot of meetings and always try to get in some practice at night. I will usually have between 6 and 15 harps, depending on the trip. I have found that if I tell the security personnel at the scanner that I have harmonicas in my bag, I have no problems. It seems that, if they are expecting to see them, then they interpret the image on the scanner correctly and don't question it. When I don't tell them ahead of time, they very frequently have to check the bag because they can't figure it out and it sends off flares in their mind.
cheers.
Jon