Re: [Harp-L] Happy Harmonica?

Happy Harmonica - there were 3 in that series. The 1st and 3rd were done with both Pud McCaskey (Stagg McMann) and Jerry Murad playing multiple tracks. The 2nd, the big band sound, was done by Pud alone, playing all parts. A great album, for sure. But the reason Jerry wasn't on that one was that he was "too busy" to make time to go back into the studio for this one. So Pud, in order to keep the studio happy, submitted his tracks. This got Jerry's attention, and he made himself available for the 3rd album, as contracted.

Regarding Boris Draper - nobody in the harmonica world with that name officially. However, that was one of dozens of names used to sell the same tracks to many cheapo supermarket labels because he couldn't sell it to a legitimate label - none other than the "great" Danny Welton. He had so many album titles under so many different labels (with the same 20-24 tracks intermixed) that it is possible he had one titled Happy Harmonica. Will check my files when I have absolutely nothing else to do.

Danny

--
BassHarp
PO Box 5061