[Harp-L] Fender Super Reverb Feedback

Hi Doug,
A while back I helped Paul Messinger retube his Fender Super Reverb for Harp using the knowledge that Sonny Junior conveyed when I bought my SJI (Thanks, Gary....it's come in handy on many occasions!).  Swapping preamp tubes did the trick and after experimenting with several different arrangements we found one we liked.
 Looking from the back of the amp, from left to right, there are six preamp tubes, conventionally named V6 to V1 left to right.  For the Reverb channel, the first, third and fifth tubes are (V6 is phase inverter, V4 is 2nd gain stage for reverb channel , V2 is first gain stage for the reverb channel).  Pull these three and replace with lower output tubes: some combination of !2AU7(lowest gain), 12AY7 (next lowest) and 12AT7(1 step lower than 12AX7 but often harsh to my ear) should work well.  I can't recall the final vote for Paul's amp but as I recall it may have been a 12AY7 in the first slot(V6), a 12AU7 in the third slot ("V4"), and a 12AT7 in the fifth slot "V2").  Paul?  any specifics for us?
Vibrolux Reverb, which is my favorite guitar amp, is currently running a 12AY7, 12AY7, 12AX7 in these same three slots in that order and sounds great: I can dial up the volume to the sweetspot with warmer tone and drive the power tubes better than the original setup,
Hope this helps!
Zig