http://www.harpsax.com

From: "Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Don't take away the repsect I gave to Tommy Mogan. I think he is a incredible musician and one of the most important harmonica players in the history of the instrument. Tommy did play the Rockford part at the cue of the composer or producer HE SAID he made it up himself. The part was originally written for the chromatic but Tommy thought he idea was better. According to many studio musicians this is a NO NO but Tommy prevailed due to his much earned respect. Just because he can play the dickena out of the chromatic does not make him a good diatonic player. He's the first to admit that he doesn't play diatonic "like the blues guys" You can't convince me if some producer said I want you to sound like little water on this cut he could do it. He simply can not, so let's not pretend that he some ultra advanced diatonic player he will readily admit that he is not. It's clear to me that he uses it moreas an effect instrument rather than a "real" instrument. Afterall if he wanted play lines he'd use the chromatic. He could be better than Levy if he took the time to figure out thre short harp.
Again I said, I have no disdain or cotempt for Tommy Morgan. I think he's one of the world's elite musicians.