[Harp-L] Re: JJ tubes

Sam wrote:
"I've checked out the JJ Tubes site and I'm wondering if anybody here has tried bought any and if they are really as good as they are touted to be. Do they make a difference? Are they worth trying?"

When I owned a 59 Bassman RI, I loaded it with JJ power tubes from EuroTubes.com. Couldn't have been more satisfied. They sounded a LOT better than the crap tubes Fender put in the thing at the factory. Are they every bit as good as choice NOS tubes? Probably not. Are they VERY good tubes at a good price with great service from the vendor. Absolutely. Bob Pletka knows his tubes and cares about this stuff. He also has a good understanding of what harp players want.
MN