[Harp-L] Copyright stuff

Here's the link to the government copyright website http://www.copyright.gov/ - you can down load the form you need and there's a good FAQ page - If you apply your name, year and the © symbol to your written song it is copyrighted - I have dealt in Intellectual Property for over 25 years - I will mention that if you feel someone has infringed on your copyright the burden of proof is up to you, as well as the cost for pursuing the matter in court - A copyright filed and granted by the Patent office will confirm your date of conception and may make it easier to prove infringement in a court of law - hope this helps - Dennis Brooker