[Harp-L] Auld Lang Syne

Hi all,

I belong to an independent A&R service called Taxi, which provides
opportunities for musicians to submit their work to various industry
buyers.  Anyway, Taxi ran a listing for "Auld Lang Syne" this month, and
I put together a simple arrangement to submit.  That recording is now
posted to Broadjam.com, and you can hear it for free anytime you like
by:
- going to broadjam.com
- clicking on "search" on the menu bar
- typing "Richard Hunter" in the "Artist Name" field

You'll see a list of my songs with a "play" button by each one.  Hit
the  "play" button for "Auld Lang Syne," and there you go.  If it's your
first time on Broadjam, you may have to download their player software
-- it won't take long.

Tech notes: This piece was recorded with a CX-12 chromatic harp in C,
and the piece is in G. As I've said previously, the CX-12 is loud and
very bendable, and I found the tracks I recorded for this piece with it
to be much more expressive overall than the various diatonic harps I
tried. The CX-12 was recorded through an ART Tube MP preamp, a very
inexpensive piece of equipment that happens to sound very nice for harp
in combination with a large-diaphragm condensor mic like my AT4050 CM5.
I ran the results through Antares Mic Modeler, using the Neuamn U47
model, plus a compressor, an EQ, a Sonitus delay plug-in, and Lexicon's
Pantheon reverb plug-in. I played all the parts on the recording except
the rhythm guitars (the "strumstick" solo is mine, though) and the New
Orleans second line drum loop that runs through the piece. The whole
thing was recorded, mixed, and mastered in Cakewalk Sonar 5.

Enjoy!

Regards, Richard Hunter