Re: [Harp-L] Help please

EdnDoris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote
"Okay, Folks... I'm still trying to understand positions, etc. with the harp. I've just tabbed out "Silver Threads and Golden Needles," like this:
6 -5 5 -4 5 -4 5 6
Sil ver threads and gol den nee dles....
Now, my question is, using a C - harp what key am I playing in ?"

Ed,
Playing out the melody, I finally get to the root note at the end, and it turns out to be a 4 blow (er..exhale). Thus you are in 1st position. 4 blow = C on a C harp, i.e. you are in the key of C. There may be a different way of doing it, but it is clear to my ear that this ends on the root (as do most songs).
Fred S