Re: [Harp-L] Free Music Download

"Chris Michalek" wrote:

>The band is coming together nicely. This is the fourth time we've
>played together, we haven't written any tunes yet but I think we're
>getting close.  This is download is 100% improv but it's one that
>will be turned into a tune.  The guitarist was an audience member
>that asked to sit in.

First, hire that guitar player.  This cut is a nice piece, not quite
smooth jazz -- a little too much heat and synthy-ness from the harp for
that -- but it might appeal to that audience.

I liked the harp sounds especially -- I see you found the vibrato effect
on the Digitech RPX400.  I love that sound, and used something similar
(with a blackface amp model on my Digitech RP200) on my tune "Stone
Castle," which can be heard on broadjam.com (go to the artist search
page and type in "Richard Hunter" -- you'll find it). The auto-wah
effect works very well too -- overall lots of very good harp sounds in
this piece.

Evolving this jam into a more formal composition makes good sense.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com