[Harp-L] re: Hummel figurine

Chris Michalek wrote:

> Hummel is a great player but I gotta say Jason Ricci is the most
> "technically brilliant blues harmonica" player on the scene.  I know
> he doesn't play the chromatic but Ricci's sound is so freash and
> original it supercedes the chromtic.

Actually he can play chromatic although he's never played it on tour to my knowledge. There is a track on one of his albums, "Her Satanic Majesty's Request - Harmonica Music" called "Cuttin' With The Button". Sounded damned good. If he ever decides to concentrate on the chromatic, I'm sure, in typical JR fashion, he'd be impressing and depressing chrom players the world over.

lh