[Harp-L] Unsolicited Dennis Gruenling Review

Dear Harp-L,

  I had the chance to catch Dennis Gruenling for the first time this past Friday in Hartford CT.  This is old news to many of you, but this guy lives up to the press he gets.  Absolutely big tone.  Absolutely killer timing.  Absolutely tasteful.  Absolutely creative.  Seems like a nice guy too (only spoke for about a minute).

  My only complaint is that the band (Peter Karp's Roadshow) wasn't more of a showcase for Dennis.  The band was very cool, with good original songs, and it was a fun time no doubt. Dennis expertly weaved in and out around two guitars.  However,  as a harp-nut, I simply wanted more. (can't blame me)

  Dennis and Jason: Top two of my generation...?  It's early to say for sure, as I haven't heard em all,  but these two are pretty high up in my book so far.

  Dan G.