[Harp-L] Grand Canyon Seminar Sep 1-6

I want to thank Rob Paparozzi with his plug again of the Grand Canyon Harmonica Seminar; several players have emailed me; but, he listed the dates wrong, it's Sep 1-6, 2006 at the south Rim of the Grand Canyon. Here is the complete info:
GRAND CANYON
HARMONICA SEMINAR

CHROMATIC HARMONICA SEMINAR
FOR DIATONIC PLAYERS (and Chromatic Players)

SEP 1-5, 2006 AT THE SOUTH RIM OF THE GRAND CANYON

In this seminar I give you the technique, scales, etc of how the chromatic works and since I play diatonic as well, it's from a very good knowledge of both instruments, Rob Paparozzi will tell how he made the transition after I taught him and how he applies what he knows to both instruments in his playing today. My students: Clint Hoover, Randy Singer, Rob Paparozzi, William Galison, Mike Turk, Sugar Blue, etc.!!!

YOU WILL HAVE THE TOOLS TO PLAY CHROMATIC HARMONICA AFTER THIS SEMINAR !!!

Dennis Gruenling will approach chromatic from the third position blues side and how he took off from there.

The cost for Sep 1-5 Seminar, plus the my Birthday Bash Concert on the 6th wtih Bernard Purdie and Harvey Brooks is 499.95; included are my scales and arpeggio studies and my Bona Rhythm Training Etudes, each worth $100.

Plus there is the Canyon right there with camping, hotels, etc.

SIGN UP NOW - SINCE HOTEL ROOMS AT THE GRAND CANYON FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND ARE HARD TO GET!

We work on tone, attack, vibrato, scales, reading, corner switching, everything. Schedule at the Shrine of the Ages, South Rim of the Grand Canyon, will be from 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon, break for lunch, then 2:00 - 4:00 PM and break for sunset run or hike, then nightly jam on both chromatic and diatonic at 7:00 - til.

The players at the New York Seminar came away with enough for 10 years worth of study and had a blast doing it!!

This is going to one fun harmonica event! Boy is this shaping up!

Reserve a spot with a $100 refundable, up to a month before the Seminar, deposit to:

Robert Bonfiglio
280 Riverside Drive #3B
New York, NY 10025
and then make reservations at the Grand Canyon, South Rim, through Xanterra Resorts at Yavapi Lodge (888-297-2757) for Aug 30 and out Sep 7 or if you wish to come in on the Sep 1 in the morning, that's cool. Yavapi and Mather Camping is across the street from the Shrine of the Ages where the Seminar will take place. Xanterra.com

Mather Camping:

Camping is through the Park at Mather Campground, South Rim at 1-800-365-CAMP

You will only need to bring music paper and two good playing chromatics or reed plates for two. You will have a lot of fun and leave with enough stuff for a lifetime worth of work. This is real music taught by pros. Rob Paparozzi makes a great summary for the use in his work and Dennis Gruenling in his.

Plus, it is the Grand Canyon - do not leave the family behind.

Harmonically yours.

Robert Bonfiglio

BONFIGLIO BIO:
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com/main/b2frset.html

Rob Paparozzi says:
Well I'm very happy to report that Bonfiglio's Diatonic & Chromatic
Seminar is shaping up nicely and with The Grand Canyon as it's backdrop, I'm
getting REAL excited!,-) (Sept. 06)
http://www.grandcanyonmusicfest.org/

Robert is one of THE best Harmonica Teachers in the World. He taught for
many years at the Turtle Bay Music School in NYC in the 70's picking up
where Cham-Ber Huang left off. I was fortunate enough to have studied with
both of these world class players and I learned how to PLAY I'm not a
classical player, I learned how to play MUSIC and transfer all the technique
and theory to the music "I" wanted to play.

Years Later as Bonfiglio became in greater demand on the Concert scene,
I took over at Turtle Bay and then I passed the torch to the very talented
Dennis Gruenling.

   The Seminar will be taught by Bonfiglio and augmented by myself  and
Gruenling dealing with specific topics and techniques to improve your
playing and make you a better musician and harmonicist.

Also signed on to help out with the finale concert will be two dear
friends of mine that are master musicians and signature players in their own
right:

Bassist - Harvey Brooks (Highway 61 Revisited-Dylan. Bitches Brew-Miles
Davis, The Electric Flag and Super Session)

Drummer - Bernard "Pretty" Purdie ( Aretha, Quincy Jones, Steely Dan, Donny
Hathaway, Ray Charles)

Just to hear these two players in concert will be historical as they
have played together in 30years!
A rhythm section that I'll be honored to play with!

  Anyone interested should contact Robert Bonfiglio offlist for details;
bon@xxxxxxxxxx

Hope to see some of you there in Arizona in September......
All The Best.....Rob Paparozzi

--I am one of the players who was at the Robert's seminar this past summer in Copake, New York, and everything Robert says is true. The week of intense study with Maestro Bonfiglio changed my musical life. I have been playing the diatonic for nearly 30 years, and will always play and love that instrument, but now my focus is also on the chromatic...my only complaint is that there is SO much to learn that I wish I had started sooner :-)

I won't be able to be at the Grand Canyon seminar because of my day job, but I sure wish I could get there...anybody who wants a jump start on learning chromatic will be well-served to attend, that's for sure!
WVa Bob