[Harp-L] Which PA System?

Hello People,

The guitarist from the band I'm in and I want to put together a couple of
sets of more acoustic material that we could perform in smaller settings
(Borders Books, Coffee Houses etc.). This means I/we will need a small PA to
support vocal mikes both for vocals and for my harp.  PA systems are a
mystery to me; I've just never looked at them or cared about them.  Can
anybody help me with what would work for such settings?  What brands?  What
components are needed?  What kind of speakers?  The add copy for this type
of equipment is rather vague and I can't infer much from it so as to educate
my self if you know what I mean.  I don't want to go all out and buy a huge
system.  Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh