[Harp-L] Re: Hendrik was cookin' at the cornerstone in NJ

I Got to get out tonite and see The Hendrik Meurkens Samba Jazz Quartet
tonite in New Jersey.
The band featured Hendrik Meurkens on Harmonica & Vibes with some real FINE
Brazilian musicians
Helio Alves -Piano, Gustavo Amarante -Bass and Adriano Santos on Drms.

playing Brazilian style originals to samba versions of "I Can't get Started"
and "In a Sentimental Mood"

The quartet is his current "working band" so they sound REAL tight and
Hendrik's small band arrangements are brilliant.

His lil' "Trace Elliott"  acoustic cube was the perfect amp for this size
room, but Hendriks informed me they don't make that amp any longer. It
really gave the Chromatic a 'warm' but clean sound with a touch of
reverb....very nice job Hendrik, bravo. The switching between harmonica and
Vibes is exciting as well as refreshing to the ears.

Check 'em out if they get YOUR way!,-) You won't be disappointed!

all the best,
rob